Project Planning Training
Know more than just the software.
An introductory course into BOTH what project planning is AND how to do it. This course combines theoretical lessons with practical assignments so you can learn how to do proper project planning at international standards.
Does your Skill Go Beyond the software ?
- There are many software training courses available, but do you know the principles?
- Is your project schedule/programme so thorough that it is indispensable to the project team?
- Do you add so much value to your team, that they choose to include you in handling project obstacles?
- Do you find it difficult to demonstrate your intangible skill when applying for a job?
Feel confident because you've mastered the principles
Why Train with us?
- Our training materials have been developed by experts in the field
- Our trainers are all professionals in the field, some with international accreditation
- Our training materials and methods have been tried and tested
Where Our graduates worked
“Planning is bringing the future into the present so that you can do something about it now” -Allan Lakein-
Be confident in your skills.
What's the Plan?
- The course runs for 18 weeks
- New modules are released every 2 weeks
- A variety of formats are used (Reading material, Instructional videos, Quiz’s, Practical Exercises, Assignments, etc.)
- Project planning concepts covered range from grassroots level to practicing Project Planner
- Students are supported through each level by top class instructors and administrators
- Assignments are graded and count towards your final mark
- Final examination comprises of both theoretical and practical sections
- A minimum pass requirement applies for successful course completion
What is covered in the training?
Click on module to expand
- What is Project Planning?
- What is a Project?
- The Purpose of Project Planning
- Planning vs. Scheduling
- What is Project Management
- The History of Project Scheduling
- Project Management Process Groups
- Project Life Cycle or Phase
- Schedule Management
- Project Planning Inputs
- Work Breakdown Structure (WBS)
- Define Activities
- Define Activities Process
- Sequence Activities
- Sequence Activities Process
- Activity Durations
- Estimate Activity Resources
- Estimate Activity Durations
- Schedule Development
- Critical Path Method
- PDM Nodes or Activities
- Determine early and late dates
- CPM Forward and Backward Pass, and Total Float
- Resource Loading, Optimization, Leveling, Smoothing
- Schedule Optimization and – Crashing
- Fast Tracking
- PMBOK Summary
- Schedule Quality, Health Check
- Schedule Change Control
- Controlling the Schedule
- Performance Measurement
- Performance Evaluation
- Earned Value Management
- Performance Reporting
- PMBOK Summary
- Final Theoretical Examination
- Final Practical Examination
Regular Price R15 000 | Covid Price R7 500
Covid has been a blow to most professionals and companies. In a time like this we all have to stand together and make the sacrifices to help each other. That’s why we are offering this training course at a special Covid19 price.
For a limited period you can get the full Principles of Project Planning course, with certification, at
R 7 500.
Not Ready To Take The Course?
Sign up for our free Resource Loading Training Series instead.
Free Resource Loading Email Series
Sign up for this free 8 part resource loading email series